"My Dad give me a tiny camera as a present for my 10th birthday and photography has been a part of my life since then. The Foxglove Lane project began during 2011 on a rainy Sunday.
Some of my earliest memories involve playing with rose petals and snails, drawn to both the beautiful and the mysterious. This contemplative photography practice must be a direct continuation from those days."
Learn more about the contemplative approach in this free guide Photography with heart."
A Graduate of the National College of Art and Design and UCC, Catherine taught Art and Design in the Waterford Institute of Technology for 10 years. In 1994, she co-founded Framework-building ethical leadership and organisations in Ireland. Over the last 25 years Framework has developed a practice of inclusive facilitation and a range of creative methodologies.
Catherine also qualified as an Integrative Psychotherapist (UCC) and completed a Masters in Social Entrepreneurialism (UCC)
Blogging since 2011, the Foxglove Lane Blog has won 4 Irish Blog Awards for Photography. There's more about the blogging story here from an interview in 2016
If you are interested in collaborating on a creative project or working with Catherine as a creative group facilitator you can contact her here.
- Fortnightly column in the Waterford News and Star called As I see it.
- Workshop Facilitator on a photography as memory exploration as part of the Bealtaine Festival funded by the Garter Lane Arts Centre. You can view a slideshow of the process here. May 2017
- As part of the County Waterford Arts Office response to Rural Networking for Artists, founded a Women's Art/Creativity Circle along the Copper Coast. Please contact Catherine if you would be interested in joining. April 2017
- Recently joined the Board of Waterford Healing Arts Trust. June 2017
- Collaboration with Artist Roisin Sheehy An Fear a Chuireadh Crainn
- As part of the Waterford Imagine Festival in October 2017, joint exhibition called "From seed to blossom, from blossom to fruit." with Photographer Kate Quinn.
- The online Heartography Course will come on stream later in the year. You can sign up here if you want to be kept informed about the launch.